Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Intel Desktop Board DQ45CB Arrives from Amazon.com USA!

I paid for this Intel Desktop Board DQ45CB from Amazon.com at SGD$177. It arrived in Singapore on 13 August 2009 Thursday.

You can't find this particular model anywhere in Singapore. This motherboard has the Intel Express Q45 chipset which supports Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed Input/Output (VT-d). Intel X58 chipset also supports VT-d but the Core i7 and motherboard bundles currently selling in Sim Lim Square (SLS) in Singapore are too expensive.






Then I made a visit to Sim Lim Square (SLS) in Singapore on the evening of 14 August 2009 Friday after work to buy this Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300 microprocessor at SGD$130. Pardon my frugality but I am too poor to afford the Intel Core 2 Duo series processors. I am not earning a lot.





I also bought this PCI 32-bit (note: it is not AGP or PCI Express x16) graphics card (ATI Rage 128 32 MB) for SGD$40 at SLS.



As I need lots of physical memory to run the open source Xen-based virtual machines, I made the decision to purchase two sticks of 2 GB DDR2-800 MHz memory. This is in addition to 2 sticks of 2 GB DDR2-800 MHz memory I already have running on my existing AMD Ahtlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Socket AM2 system, which I will be decommissioning later. So in total I will have 8 GB of memory.

DDR2 memory is dirt cheap nowadays.